It can often get difficult to do the shopping for babies. The market is flooded with new products every day, and new parents find it overwhelming to select the best one. Hair oil for the baby is a crucial element to keep up the strength of the scalp.
The proper oiling helps in cultivating blood flow in the body and keeping the child healthy. These hair oils help increase the thickness, colour and volume of the hair at a young age. It plays a vital role in the development of the baby.
1. Mama Earth Nourishing Baby Hair Oil
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE BABY SCALP: The hair oil is suitable for all skin & hair types. It is also suitable for the sensitive skin & scalp of a newborn baby.
- NOURISHES SCALP: With a blend of 100% natural & nourishing ingredients such as Almond, Argan, Avocado oil, and more, this oil helps nourish the scalp & aids in the growth of healthier hair.
- A wholesome nourishment for your baby’s head, from the scalp to the tip of their hair, the oil is everything your baby needs for healthy & soft hair.
- Improves hair texture
- Dermatologically tested
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Made with many oils
- Might have a strong fragrance
2. Johnson’s Baby Hair Oil
- The oil is enriched with avocado and pro-vitamin B5 to keep the baby’s hair and scalp healthy.
- It is 100 percent clinically proven mild and gentle.
- Dermatologist tested, allergy tested baby oil.
- The product passes a 5 level safety assurance process done by the company.
- Keeps the baby’s hair soft and healthy
- Light and non-greasy
- No skin irritation or any other allergic reactions
- Soothing fragrance
- Avocado fragrance might be irritating.
3.Earth Mama Calendula Baby Oil
- Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Angel Baby Oil has been renamed as Earth Mama’s Calendula Baby Oil – although the same on the inside, it is fancy on the outside.
- It is a Calendula-infused grape seed baby oil blend for infant massage, dry skin, and scalp.
- The oil has virtually no scent and no nut oils.
- No petroleum, mineral oil, parabens, or artificial fragrance is used in the manufacturing of this oil.
- No artificial materials added.
- No chemicals
- Multiple advantages of Calendula
- Maybe too expensive
4.Burt’s Bees Baby Oil
- BABY OIL: The oil moisturizes the baby’s delicate skin and protects from dryness with this hydrating baby oil that locks in moisture for soft, smooth skin.
- SOOTHING BABY OIL: It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, and the oil is made with apricot and grape seed oil to relieve any discomfort that the baby might face from dry skin.
- 100% NATURAL: Adding the oil to bath water or applying directly to skin after a bath. This natural skincare is formulated without phthalates, parabens, petrolatum, or SLS.
- PEDIATRICIAN TESTED: This hypo-allergenic baby oil is clinically proven to be safe, effective and non-irritating to nurture the baby’s delicate skin.
- MAMA AND BABY: This nourishing body oil is not just for babies. The mother, too, can pamper her skin with this oil and get a healthy, moisturizing glow.
- Pediatrician tested
- 100% natural
- Multiple uses
- Rich in antioxidants and vitamins
- Contains added fragrance
5. Himalaya Baby Hair Oil 200 ml
- WITH OLIVE OIL & ASHWAGANDHA: The Vitamin E from Olive Oil nourishes delicate skin, while Ashwagandha or Winter Cherry has antioxidants to support baby’s skin before or after a bath.
- LIGHT & NON-STAINING: The oil is light, non-staining oil which is ideal for massaging the baby’s hair and to help soothe and moisturize the baby’s skin to help relieve dryness.
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED & MILD FOR BABY: It is specially designed to preserve the health of your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin.
- FREE FROM COMMON CONCERNS: This oil is Free from parabens, mineral oil, lanolin, phthalates and synthetic colours the oil does not have harmful effects.
- CRUELTY-FREE: The brand is environmentally friendly, that’s why they never test their personal care products on animals.
- Dermatologically tested and approved
- No synthetic materials
- Contains natural fragrance of Ashwagandha
- Tested on humans
- Does not come with added benefits
6.The Moms Co Natural 10-in-1 Baby Hair Oil
- It is a baby virgin coconut-based hair oil made with a perfect blend of 10 powerful and natural oils.
- The unique blend of oils like argan oil, bhringraj and marula oils help nourish, strengthen and protect the baby’s hair.
- The oil is USDA-certified organic oil that protects and promotes growth
- The constituents like organic amla oil and bhringraj strengthen hair and promote growth, while avocado oil, argan oil and marula oil protect delicate hair from damage and gently condition the hair.
- Hypoallergenic, mild and gentle care for soft baby skin – themomsco. The range of baby skincare products is all clinically tested to be hypo-allergenic, mild and gentle for baby’s soft sensitive skin.
- USDA Certified
- Made with a blend of many oils
- Added benefits such as vitamins
- Might have a strong smell
7. Ora’s Amazing Herbal Oil
- Ora’s Baby massage oil is moisturizing, natural baby oil, pure botanical, vegan baby oil with organic herbs and botanical ingredients.
- It is an unscented and fragrance-free oil and is created by Ora, a brand that uses the baby oil on her children and gives it as gifts too!
- The Organic Calendula and Licorice throughout herb history help to soothe and support new or irritated skin.
- The oil contains no fragrance, paraben, phthalates, petroleum, mineral oil, synthetic waxes, harmful chemicals or known skin irritants. It is gluten, corn and grain-free.
- It is made in the USA by Ora’s Amazing Herbal in their FDA registered facility.
- FDA approved
- Made with organic ingredients
- No synthetic or artificial chemicals
- Less quantity for the price
8. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Oil Rub Massage
- GENTLE MOISTURIZATION: The Argan Oil Blended Into This Formulation Is Rich In Essential Vitamins and Primarily Vitamin E Which Moisturize Baby Skin & Stimulate Nervous System To Relax Baby Muscles & Help the Baby Sleep Better.
- SOOTHING: Its constituents, Myrrh & Honeysuckle Have A Gentle Fragrance Which Calms the Baby.
- NOURISHING: This Certified Organic Raw Shea Butter Delivers Nourishing Hydration and Seals In Moisture To Keep the Baby’s Skin and hair soft and smooth.
- PROTECTS: The Natural Chamomile Oil Soothes The Skin And Protects It From Any Irritation Or Inflammation that the baby might face.
- SAFE & NATURAL: The oil is made From Handpicked Natural & Certified Organic Ingredients. This Baby Oil Rub Is Safe For the Baby.
- Made with organic ingredients
- Contains a blend of 10 oils
- Gentle fragrance for the baby
- Added benefits of vitamins
- Might be too oily
9.Shoosha Baby Organic Calendula Oil
- ORGANIC AND PURE – The Calm Baby Calendula Oil is created for the baby’s sensitive skin. The company believes that pure and truly organic products are best for the mother and the baby. In fact, all their products are free from synthetic, chemical, and other hidden ingredients.
- PROVIDES 24-HOUR MOISTURE – This rich gentle blend of soothing oils infused with Calendula petals provide 24-hour moisture to a baby’s dry and delicate skin. It’s perfect to layer under Sensitive Skin Organic Face and Body Lotion for extra moisture support during harsh weather conditions.
- VERSATILE AND ALL PURPOSE – The brand’s organic calendula oil can be used anywhere from head to toe. This fantastic all-purpose body oil is super for everything from calming cradle cap to moisturizing and calming super dry and irritated skin.
- QUICK ABSORBING AND NON-GREASY – The oil absorbs and dries quickly without a greasy residue leaving skin feeling soft and silky smooth. This amazing versatile oil can be used as a moisturizer, gentle massage oil, or as an after swim or bath oil.
- MADE FROM GENTLE INGREDIENTS – Calm Baby Calendula Oil is made with only five nourishing ingredients, including Organic Calendula and Organic Coconut Oil for your baby’s delicate skin. These wholesome, pure ingredients are perfect for sensitive and eczema-prone skin. The oil is available in Unscented and French Lavender fragrance.
- All-purpose oil
- Made with natural ingredients
- Contains added benefits
- Made with a blend of 2 oils
- Provides moisturization for a full day
- Artificially scented
- Might be expensive
10. US Organic Baby Oil
- The oil is specially formulated for babies and enriched with vitamin E to keep the baby’s skin and hair soft and healthy.
- Organic Calendula helps gently calm and soothe the child’s skin.
- It is an all-in-one hair oil with multiple benefits. It is skin-friendly, fast-absorbing, simple, natural ingredients, clean the diaper area, baby’s bottom gives good sleep.
- The oil is proudly made in the USA and is a cruelty-free product, Not Tested on Animals – Leaping Bunny Program. The best way for the baby to avoid harmful chemical lotions and moisturizers
- It can be used as your eye makeup remover, massage oil, moisturizing oil, Soothe cracked heels, temporary tattoos remover, cuticle oil, and many other purposes.
- Contains added benefits
- Tested on Humans
- Made with organic ingredients
- USDA certified
- Skiing friendly
- Too expensive
- Less quantity
Buying Guide and Care
A baby should get the best of things in their beginning year, and oil is one of the things that is applied to the baby regularly for nourishing their hair and skin. One should remember certain things while buying baby oil. The ingredients the oil is made by should be organic or completely natural. Making sure the fragrance is not too strong for the baby is crucial. One should check if there are any added vitamins and antioxidants in the oil. Making sure there are no synthetic chemicals inside and checking the kind of oils it contains is vital. Also, one should make sure it is allergy-free. Baby oils have a blend of many oils, sometimes more than ten oils. One needs to make sure to consult with their pediatrician to know what type of oils will be the best suited for the baby. One should not apply too much oil to a baby’s scalp. Take the oil in your palm, rub it nicely and then gently massage the oil on the baby’s scalp for 5-10 minutes. This will help the oil to penetrate deep into the scalp and nourish the baby’s hair perfectly.
How to choose the right hair oil for a baby?
Ans. The hair oil used on the baby’s hair should not contain preservatives, fragrances, or chemicals. It should be natural and have pure extracts.
Can the baby’s hair be oiled regularly?
Ans. Oiling should be done regularly, as it stimulates blood flow in the body. One should also keep in mind that too much massaging and oiling can lead to infections and clog pores in the scalp.
Which is the best hair oil for a baby?
Ans. Irrespective of the child’s gender, any hair oil made of natural ingredients like avocado, organic coconut oil, extra virgin oil, and pure almond is best for the baby’s hair.
Why should the baby’s hair be oiled?
Ans. The baby’s hair should be oiled as babies hair does not have much of the necessary oils and vitamins it requires for good growth. Oiling and massaging a baby’s hair with oil can help provide the scalp and roots with everything they require.
Does baby oil work on adults?
Ans. Yes, there are baby oils that can be used for multiple purposes. Adults can also derive the benefits of the oil. One should check the usage before buying the oil as it is always better to buy an oil that can be used for multiple purposes and is hypoallergenic.